Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I still don't have my hedgehog although I have a very promising connection. I'm a college student living in my parents basement and am trying to gather all possible information before I pose the idea to the parents. Now I realize this question might be hard to answer as it depends on where you live and your company and all that but I was wondering, how much does a ceramic heat emitter affect your heating bill?

Naturally, I assume it will go up but I was wondering how much. If it's going to go up by like, a few hundred dollars or something, I don't stand a chance. But if it's less than that, things will be a bit more promising.

Oh and just to clarify my connection thing. A friend of mine has a coworker whose hedgehog might be pregnant. If so, he is going to give the babies away once they're old enough to people who know about hedgehogs. My friend knows how I'm dying for one so I'm pretty sure my name is on the top of his list. This allows me to save the money I was going to use to get one and put it toward better supplies.

·
Registered
309 Posts
first off, i would check to see if the person giving away the hedgehogs knows his hedgies background you wanna find out as much as you can about his or her parents. if not that doesn't necessarily mean it is all bad just preferred i know nothing about my hedgiie but i would not trade her for an other one.
And, i dont think a heater would be THAT much. Maybe like i am totally guessing here but 30$ more ?

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
A ceramic heat emitter uses the same amount of electricity as a similar sized light bulb. So if you have a 100 watt emitter, it's like having a 100 watt light bulb on. In other words, pennies per day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts