Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
That was the first cage I had for egon...the top of mine also flipped up so it made it easy to access the wheel daily. I stopped using it because I move Egons cage every night so that I can sleep without having to smell his poopy wheel. Now I use a long storage bin. Its generally the same size as that cage minus the wire top part. The walls are high enough that he can't climb out and its easy enough to move every night. I found the cage you had to be a hassle to clean and transport when I had to. Space wise its great and safety is also great. My personal preference is a storage bin....easy to get to the hedge and easy to clean and transport... OH and much cheaper

· Registered
152 Posts
Haha thanks. My room is fairly warm to begin with. I just use the red light as an extra when I am home. I usually put it on when he is sleeping in his little hut to warm him up more. I do have a play fence i can use for the insides of the cage. Egon is not a climber luckily and I do have a lid but have not made any modifications yet so that it gives proper ventilation. When I go to work I just put his play ground cage up around it so if he decides to hop he will still be stuck in the other cage haha

· Registered
152 Posts
Haha got to straighten this out first.... egon is a boy haha. Next, I keep the storage bin cage on top of that small tv table at the foot of my bed. I put the fence inside the cage. The fence is that multicolored one they sell in every pet store....he cannnnnnnnnnnnnot climb it for sure.The wires/bars run straight down.

http://www.nobby.de/typo3temp/GB/6685626eb4.jpg thats a picture of the fence. It fits perfectly in the cage. It cant be knocked over or climbed.

He is a pretty good boy. Alls he is concerned with is sleeping ALL day and wheeling/eating all night. I think he has a routine down hha

· Registered
152 Posts
Oh I forgot to post... When I go to sleep at night the cage goes on the floor next to the heater (i have a heater that runs around my room. So I literally pick up the cage and move it to the other side of my room. I only do this so I don't smell him while I try to sleep. When I am working he stays in the cage on the tv stand with the fence. When I am in my room he is usually on my lap or in front of me wrapped up in a blanket. So he is pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.