Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
995 Posts
Morel3etterness said:
I do have a play fence i can use for the insides of the cage.
What do you mean by 'playfence'? Could this be even easier to climb?

Morel3etterness said:
Egon is not a climber luckily
Neither is Sylvie in that I've never witnessed her trying to climb her cage. She scales the sofa pretty well & fast, even able to shimmy directly upwards when hiding behind a pillow. Seriously, once I thought she was asleep then suddenly she was on the back on my sofa. Just cause he hasn't climbed for you to see doesn't mean he doesn't/won't. Just a heads up on that.

Morel3etterness said:
When I go to work I just put his play ground cage up around it so if he decides to hop he will still be stuck in the other cage haha
Do you put it up around the outside or inside of the cage? I ask cause it looks like the cage is up on a table (good to avoid drafts & such on the ground) but if the fence is on the ground that would be quite a fall. Also what do you do while you're sleeping? Or out eating, etc?

· Registered
995 Posts
Morel3etterness, I understand that you feel the cage is safe & climb proof but there's a number of experienced hedgie owners (having owned many hedgies for many years) on here that are speaking from their experience. I would hate for you to wake up one day or come home from work and discover the your hedgie has learned to climb and it's resulted in a serious accident. I'm sure there must be a simple way for you to construct a lid for the cage until you're able to get another bin with higher walls?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.