Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just thought I would run this by you guys before I purchase it. I found this cage on Amazon, and I think it's a really good deal for the amount of space you get. I'm planning on buying the top for it too, which is sold seperately. Would it be appropriate for a hedgie? I think someone else on here has this cage, but like I said, I just wanted to double check before I order it.

Also, I was planning on buying a CHE bulb, clamp lamp, and thermostat to heat the cage. With a cage this large, do you think one 100 watt CHE bulb will be enough to adequately heat the cage? Or would I need to get two or maybe up the wattage to 150? The cage dimensions are 47in.x24in.x14in. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance! :)

cage:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... R&v=glance

top:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... R&v=glance

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: Would this cage be okay?

That looks like a great cage! I like the bottom to it... I wonder where I could get that stuff. A top would be good, like you said. I think you would probably need 2 heaters with a cage that size. Both maybe 100watt. Maybe someone with a similar set-up would be able to tell you what watt they use.

edit** Can't really tell how high the sides of the PVC bottom are but you may want to put something up a little higher to prevent climbing.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

Wow, I really like that cage! As previously said, a top and extra coroplast on the side would be for the best, but in all, I think the cage itself is awesome! :p

·
Registered
5,136 Posts

I remember talking to someone a while back who had a cage like that. I think they ended up not using it because of their hedgehog's preferences, not that there was anything wrong with it.

I think it's a fantastic cage. With how long it is though you will probably want two CHEs, one at each end.

·
Registered
334 Posts

I had this house for Herisson. I loved it, he didn't like the small ramp. I had the Plus version and it comes with a divider, ramp and top. You can put the divider where you want. I took out the divider since he would not use the ramp and it was very flimsy.

I love the online store CSN. I ordered my last Ferret Nation from them and they have the best price and fast, free shipping also. Here is a link and pictures of how it looks set up.

http://www.csnstores.com/Midwest-Pets-1 ... W1248.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts

I think it looks like a great cage and for $45.95 it's not worth making a C&C. Herisson, is it tall enough for a bucket wheel?

·
Registered
334 Posts

It measured: 24" x 47" x 14" high. It's a really nice size. My bucket wheel needs 12" to fit well. I don't know how big most of them are. :mrgreen:

I forgot to say that I did use zip-ties on the corners to give it extra stability. The bottom part went up high enough for Herisson. If you look close, you can see it's higher than his white pipes. The igloo in there is the large size. His water bowl is a full size meant for cats. It's got a lot of room! It also folds down nice if you go somewhere and want to bring it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the input everyone! Herrison, thanks so much for the link! That is an amazing price! Even better than Amazon! I think I'm going to try it. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts