Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently using wood shavings in my hedgy's cage as I thought she might be happier with something more natural but she scratches like crazy and I read that Wood shavings might cause mites. Would it be better to change to liners in the cage even though it makes a very unnatural environment? (She's 4 months old so the scratching might still be beacause of quilling) ?

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
I think most people on this forum use liners :) i did use shavings for years and got mites several times not to mention the cost of always buying more shavings and picking them up off the floor everytime i took my hedgies out :roll: IMO liners can't be beat and they are so much more healthy for your hedgies.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I also started off with shaving but after reading up on this board switched to liners and LOVE them. Cleaning is a breeze tossing them in the washing machine and best of all, as LarryT pointed out, no more shavings all over the place!

I have some awesome quality liners that I purchased from Nancy and a few others that are plain fleece cut up to size and layered (I like 3-4 layers myself).

In my experience, they look nicer and make cage cleanups so much easier :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts