Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i've had little alfred for 2 years and ever since i've had him he's loved his wheel. he can use it and has done constantly for 2 years.
but now all of a sudden he won't use it. for the last few weeks he won't use it at all, he's gained a lot of weight (hes a lil chubby anyway) and i'm worried cause he's losing a massive form of exercise.
his nails are clipped, the cage is at a good temperature (around 25C, and i've tried having it a little lower and a little higher to see if he has a preference), the wheel hasn't been moved around or changed in anyway, and it's not dipping.
any ideas? thanks, little alfred appreciates it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well in the end i brought him a new wheel (Carolina storm wheel) and he still wont use it. i've put him in it and kind of trapped him in (he wasn't stressed or in danger it was just to test if actually knew what to do and could do it) and he could, he ran for ages when he basically stuck in there.
and nothings changed wheel wise, it's all the same its usually been. and he had a vet checkup not to long ago, he was completely fine. he's eating well (too well, hes chubby now he's getting no exercise), drinking well, pooping and peeing well and still is the same hedgie as usual, his personality hasn't changed at all. if his diet is regulated and all, would it be worth it just to get rid of the wheel all together? i really don't want to but at this point he's not even going near it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts