Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 5:45 am and i am up and getting Cloud ready for the three hour trip to Sarasota to get his tumor removed! Wish my little man luck in the OR this morning, i'm sure he'll appreciate it!

I can't wait for him to be lump free and be able to use his wheel again! Hopefully now he'll put on more weight :(

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Re: Wish my little boy luck today!

Good luck Mr. Cloud! Your mother will be very happy to see you all healthy again! :)

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts

Good luck Cloud! Lily and I are thinking about you! <3

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The surgery went very well and was over very quick! Cloud seems so small right now without his huge lump. They cut out all of the tumor, although it will probably grow back :( the tumor (in all) weighed about 70 grams :shock: i got to see it, it was gross!

Cloud looks sooooo miserable right now, and he's very limp whenever i hold him. He couldnt find a comfortable spot in the carrier and at one point he fell asleep with his head in his food bowl, then he fell asleep with his nose scrunched up against the front grate of the carrier, and at one point he was sleeping verticle, with his head on the floor of the carrier (he was propped up by a hot water bottle). tehe, so cute to see but i feel so bad for him!

ok, pictures :)

tehe, he looks so cute and grumpy. all 4 feet stick up and he looks like a cartoon who is playing dead

·
Registered
289 Posts

Aww, I feel so bad for him, those stitches look pretty painful :( I wish you the best of luck and hope that he will heal well and the cancer will not come back. Was he just limp on the ride home because he had been "put asleep" for the surgery? Anyways, I don't think he would even want to curl up in a ball, that would hurt pretty bad with the stitches and possibly pull them out :?

Hope little Cloud feels better =)

·
Registered
309 Posts
OH MY! I am SO sorry! I know you loved and cared for cloud and gave him the best life he could ask for. I am so sorry for your loss , me and Sage say a little prayer for your little guy. :(

·
Registered
372 Posts
They operate d and didn't even keep him 12 hours to monitor his recovery? I'm sorry, that vet is incompetent if that's the case.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss :cry:

He will be very missed.

Atleast he is not in pain. and I'm sure he will always watch over you. :|

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
I'm so sorry, Jessy... :cry: I'm sure he's much more comfortable now that he's over the bridge and free of that nasty tumor. You gave him a great life! *hugs*

·
Registered
93 Posts
So sorry for you ,,,,,,
and I don,t understand why the vet don,t keep him to monitor is recovery , :|

But he is in the sky an take a look on you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm so very sorry to hear he didn't make it. At least he was able to feel your love and go peacefully.

What is it with hedgies and cancer? It seems so many of the posts here are about hedgies having cancer?

I haven't gotten my hedgie yet, I'll get him/her in June.

Feel better soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Cloud was one well taken care of hedgie and we all know he was with the ones he loved and loved him as he passed *hugs*

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am so sorry to hear. Sending lots of love and Hugs. xxxx

I've followed you and clouds posts on here for a while and cried when i read this.

xx

·
Administrator
3,591 Posts
I'm sorry to see that Cloud died, but I must also say he looked like he never fully recovered from the anesthetic. I'm a little surprised that your vet sent him home while he was still that out of it. Poor sweet boy, may his journeys over the rainbow bridge be filled with lots of mealworms.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts