Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, as every morning, I went to go check on Winston, just to make sure everything was alright. As per usual, he had redecorated (he's my little interior designer). His PVC tube had been moved across the cage, and the paper towel under his food dish (he poops while he eats - it's like he can't fit all his food in him otherwise :p) had been folded upon itself several times. Nothing new there. I looked in his igloo, expecting to see his little spikey rump, but he wasn't there. Nor was he under his wheel, or in his loft, or in the PVC tube!
My mind immediately flew to "He has escaped, and you will never find him, and he will die cold and alone!" It was at this moment that my arm brushed against the vinyl tube that goes up to the loft, and I heard a very distinctive "Hff hff hff!"
Winston had crawled into the bottom of the tube, pulled it down around him, then had curled up and gone to sleep right there. Because he had pulled the tube down so that the entrance was against the floor of the cage, I couldn't even tell he was in there! Needless to say, I was very relieved that he hadn't run off, and now I know where to check next time!

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Hahaha, that has happened to me too! I was terrified Inky had fallen all the way from the top level of his Ferret Nation 142 somehow.

Make sure you are able to get him out of the tube. If he balls up, it can be really hard to get him out, forcing you to cut open the tube. I've had to do that, it's not fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts