Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read and seen videos about how much they love their wheels and when I got mine I've seen how much they really do, now I was wondering is it because it's fun for them? Or is it some other reason? Like they are bored or a combination of different things. Just curious on what your opinions are on it. I think it's cute watching them run

· Registered
4 Posts
It's due to the way their bodies are built. They have short and slow digestive systems that aren't as good at moving things as most other species. They need the running to digest and to poop, hence why you'll see your hedgie probably making quite a mess out of their wheel usually.

· Registered
89 Posts
OK so we all know they love doing these things you guys speak of but my pinky doesn't do much of either of that. When we first got him he would cover his wheel in crap and I would have to clean it off but not any more. He never craps on his wheel any more at all and never likes the toilet paper roll. Is it ok that he is very chill and relaxed but also was abused so I feel like he just doesnt feel comfy enough yet to fully unwind. I dunno but it=s that normal?

· Registered
126 Posts
OK so we all know they love doing these things you guys speak of but my pinky doesn't do much of either of that. When we first got him he would cover his wheel in crap and I would have to clean it off but not any more. He never craps on his wheel any more at all and never likes the toilet paper roll. Is it ok that he is very chill and relaxed but also was abused so I feel like he just doesnt feel comfy enough yet to fully unwind. I dunno but it=s that normal?
pretty similar with me. she also for some reason only uses it at night time. Its not like shes sleeping the whole day but theres just something about grinding that wheel at 4am i guess.

· Registered
126 Posts
Id say that would be expect. An abused animal, new envioment. isn't so sure whats going on. i would not be worried

1 - 10 of 10 Posts