Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Last night my hedgehog, Nellie, was sleeping in my lap. She started moving around a lot (she has done this every now and then as long as I can remember, I assume she is dreaming of running around :)) I picked her up as she started moving more and when I turned her over a steady stream of quite a bit of clear-ish white discharge came from her lady parts. It definitely was coming from her vagina area. I may have noticed more this morning (again she was on my lap and moving in her sleep) but couldn't be sure, it was not as obvious as last night. Picture is from last night to show the color/consistency. There was more than the picture shows it got rubbed off before I could take it.

She is 5 and has previously been spayed (about 1.5 years ago). I haven't really been able to find any similar posts on here, has anyone experienced this? I'm kind of thinking maybe it is normal since she has been spayed and is acting normal otherwise, but I have never noticed this in our 5 years together so I'm still worried. I'm thinking of taking her to the vet, especially if it happens again, but without a sample I'm not sure how productive it would be.

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
573 Posts
I would also bring her to the vet if it happens again, just to see what it is. If she is eating, drinking, running around normally then I think it would not be as urgent, but definitely call the vet and ask about to see if they have nay idea :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts