Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Venera out on the bed when she decided that she needed to pee. No big deal, sheets can be washed and mattresses can be scrubbed. After she peed (I'm not sure of the color because it was on blue patterened sheets) I lifted her up and she was dripping white, frothy, foamy stuff. I haven't changed her food or anything recently. Maybe it's stress? We have been traveling quite a bit. I am just really worried about her.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you sure it was urine and she hadn't just anointed with something onto her belly instead of her quills my girl does that occasionally? other than that i have no idea im sure someone more experienced will come along soon hope shes okay

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have noticed white frothy wet spots in my hedgie's cage sometimes since the day I brought her home and have always been confused about it. I initially thought it was from her dry-heaving or something because that's what it looked like to me and I've never seen her expel it firsthand. I've also seen it tracked along her wheel (though she barely uses it) kinda like pee, but her normal pee doesn't look like that. It doesn't really look like anointing foam to me either as it's thinner and more watery. The spots where it is on her bedding also have not been chewed or pulled at like it always shows signs of when she anoints. But who knows.

I wish I could help you but If it's the same as my girl's weird foamy stuff, I'm just as curious as you!

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
It might just be vaginal discharge. But I'm not positive, I don't recall seeing much like that with Lily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts