Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can probably see by my username, I really want a hedgie of my own.
I live in Peoria, IL and there's nowhere I can get one close by!
Does anyone have any advice?
Driving more than 45 min is probably out of the question.
I want a baby preferably from a breeder, but I don't think there are any near by
Advice???

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
If you can't even drive 45 minutes, you're probably out of luck. Can you afford a hedgie, if you can find one? What about vet bills? Are you ready to fork out hundreds of dollars if something comes up? Will your parents take you to the vet, even if it's inconvenient to them? Please be sure that your parents are fully aware and willing to take on the responsibility of a hedgehog. If they aren't 100% on board, you should probably wait until you can provide for one completely on your own.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I replied to your PM on this subject as well but I will say that if you can't drive 45 min to pick up a hedgehog what are the chances of driving to the vet? If there are no breeders in your area is there a vet closer by (I'm guessing probably not) How will you get to the vet?

·
Registered
29 Posts
We got our hedgehog from a breeder in Villa Park, IL. Thats probably about 2 hours away from Peoria. If your interested I can PM you his name and info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd love to be able to drive 45 minutes away! I'm getting a hedgie soon and will be driving 4 hours to get it....both ways. I feel bad for the hedgie, but it'll have to be better than flying one to me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Theres one breeder that is 40 minutes away, the only other ones are all over 2 hours away.
I got this off the breeder list:
Laurel J. Sedgwick
Normal, IL
USDA # 33-A-0468

[email protected]

We are a small-scale breeder focusing on friendly temperament and longevity.
No Shipping

Hope this helps! And it's great that you want a hedgie from a breeder too. Just make sure you can find a vet close to you :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts