Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please, im looking and there are almost NO breeders in texas.if you are near my area or you know somewhere or SOMETHING, please please please help. if not, i will have to get one from a pet store. (last resort)

·
Registered
65 Posts
There are a few places. I'm in Lubbock and I have two!

there is:
DFW HEDGEHOGS: http://www.freewebs.com/texashedgehogs/
PHAT EXOTICS: you can find more info out at the link above

or

you can go on petfinder or the

Hedgehog Welfare Society and adopt one. I adopted Rodney from the HWS.

Hope this helps,
Amanda

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I don't think what they are asking is extreme. There are a lot of breeders, who charge ungodly amounts just because a hedgehog is pinto/a certain color/male/female/temperament, etc. Anything up to around $275 is typical, for a breeder (usually it seems like it is the unreputable ones that charge more from things, but that certainly does not apply to all breeders charging that way). Pet stores tend to charge less but you certainly are getting less when buying from one.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I suppose they charge more for algerians because lots of people want the dark mask...

Inky is a WB and he is the cutest hedgie on earth. :lol:

·
Registered
372 Posts
I applaud the US Breeders who keep their prices up where an exotic pet should be. It discourages impulse "OMG IT'S SONIC!!!!*SQUEEEE*" buying.

After all, when breeding, don't you want a home who truly can afford to keep a hedgehog? $250 moves the purchase away from the "I got a hundred dollars for my birfday, I wanna hedgehog" and into the "I'm making a substantial purchase and I need to do it right."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hedgehogs in Texas

I have Hedgehogs available in Texas. I have 5 babies that are ready now! My babies are sweet and handled often and prices are $150 for colors and only $125 for albinos. We have both male and female available at this time. My name is Michelle Smith and my business and facebook is Mini S Exotic Zoo. I have been a USDA licensed breeder with perfect inspections for 20 years. Call or text me at 817-992-1253 for pictures and more information. Thank you, Michelle

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a hedgehog from a lady in Houston, Tx recently. I figured I'd post her website on here. I love my little guy! He's sweet and tame! I really loved her website! She's very honest about all the information she posts on her website. Check her out if you're looking for one in Texas! She has a very small breeding herd, I think two female hedgehogs ao she doesn't have babies all the time, so you might have to wait for a baby. But my baby was well worth the wait!!! ❤❤❤❤ http://heavenhedgehog.wix.com/hedgehogheaven

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Um, why the need to bump up numerous threads from years ago just to advertise a breeder...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts