Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i gave Latte her first bath last night and she loved it but i didn't realize until i was at the end of bathing her that i wasn't sure if i was supposed to rinse her off with water from being in the oatmeal water..?
Are you supposed to just take them out of the oatmeal water and dry them or are you supposed to drain it and rise them off with just water after wards before drying them?

I wasn't sure so i did a quick rinse down her back then dried her.

She is also itching..a lot. She never did this before her bath, but now she is.
i got worried so i gave her a good rinse to make sure everything bit of the oatmeal bath water was off her. she is still itching but i will have to check her tomorrow night to see if she still is.
is itching normal?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
It's possible the water dried her skin a bit. Or it might have to do with quilling (not sure how old she is or the exact ages for quilling so I could be wrong). I know water in certain towns really dries my skin out because of how they have treated it. Next time you do a rinse put a bit of flax seed oil or (I think you can use vitamin E oil instead) in the water. Most people buy the oil in capsules and then just poke the capsule with a pin and squirt one into the water. The oil will help counteract any drying effects of the water and should soften her skin which is helpful for quilling. Until your next rinse you can put the oil from the capsule directly onto her back or where you notice the most dry skin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.