Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Brillo loves his CW but it seems to be off balance. I have it set on a flat surface but I was wondering if there was any other way to make the wheel quieter? i.e. not make it shake?
I don't mind the noise but it seems to frustrate the little guy because he can't run as fast as he would like to.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
sweetergrrrl said:
So Brillo loves his CW but it seems to be off balance. I have it set on a flat surface but I was wondering if there was any other way to make the wheel quieter? i.e. not make it shake?
I don't mind the noise but it seems to frustrate the little guy because he can't run as fast as he would like to.

Thanks!!
BY cw u mean comfort wheel?
They r ok if u can stand the noise and the time it takes to clean it.
U shold get a CWS from reaper it's the best wheel out there :mrgreen:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I've heard of people putting scrunchies on the back's of the comfort wheels to keep them from rattling. You might want to try that if you haven't already.

I've only got a Flying Saucer so I haven't tried it.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Yes, the rattle comes from the plastic disc that's in the back of the wheel, where it attaches to the stand. You can put a hair scrunchie around it, slip it over the stand and up between the disc and the wheel. The wheel turns just a tad slower, but it makes it silent. I tried it, since I have to use a comfort wheel when we go up to my cottage, and my grandpa said he couldn't even hear the wheel anymore. :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a ton! I will run to the store tomorrow and get a few scrunchies. I plan on getting a CWS, but being a broke college student, it isn't in the cards at the moment. :lol:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I started with a Comfort wheel and still have it. So in a way a Comfort wheel inspired me to find or design and build something better. I still think a Comfort wheel is the best pet store wheel or maybe a Flying Saucer.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I like the flying saucer wheel but it was expensive! In my opinion it was worth the money, It's so much easier to clean Quigley loves it and he doesn't get as dirty when running on it. He's no where near as smelly as he used to be. Plus it's quiet. He can't run quite as fast as with his other wheel (silent spinner) but he still does well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts