Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my little girl is pregnant for the second time and i'm just wandering should i or shouldn't i take out her wheel. Last time her wheel was removed she went mental and then got real depressed until i put it back now i'm debating if i should leave it in or remove it again.

I've read that they can potentially build nest under the wheels, i've yet to see this as she barely builds a nest at all even tho she is a good mum.

I'm just worried about what other dangers could come from her having the wheel left in the cage while there are babies present

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
If she goes nuts without it, you can slowly wean her from it by lessening the amount of time she has it each night. You could also give it to her in the evening only. Sometimes just having the wheel in the cage is a comfort so you could also fix the wheel that it won't turn.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think her wheel is a comfort thing cos compared to Schnuffs she only uses it for about an hour a night. I might try the idea of giving it to her for only 1 hour a night and then removing it to see how she gets on. If i notice a decrease in her happiness then i think i will have no option but to put it back even if it's just secured in place so it doesn't move

1 - 4 of 4 Posts