Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So obviously my little girl has gotta run but her wheel is so wobbly and i can hear it for about an hour or so lol does anyone know of any wheels that are silent?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I hear good things about the flying saucer wheels being quiet. I hear very good things about the Carolina Storm wheels being very quiet. My hedgie lives in the living room so the noisy comfort wheel I'm using now works for me. I haven't tried other wheels yet, so I can't speak from experience, but that's what I've been told.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aaaaand my apologies i just found the toys area where i shoulda posted this -.-

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the comfort wheel too, it actually kept me awake till 12:30 last night...
I found if you nestle it in the shavings and make sure it's on flat ground, it doesn't wobble as much and isn't as noisy. Usually it doesn't bother me, it just happened to be hitting something last night.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My CSW started getting loud about three weeks after getting it, with tightening nuts, using Vaseline, etc. When I first got it though, it was virtually silent. I had just switched from a comfort wheel and it was a god send. Hearing the wheel is something that's definitely hard to escape lol :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
I definitely recommend the CSW. It's virtually silent. The only thing I hear is the pitter patter of tiny paws running. And sometimes she runs a little too fast and I hear the cage lid shutter a bit. :lol:

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
My CSW started getting loud about three weeks after getting it, with tightening nuts, using Vaseline, etc. When I first got it though, it was virtually silent. I had just switched from a comfort wheel and it was a god send. Hearing the wheel is something that's definitely hard to escape lol :p
Have you watched the video on our website? It will show you how to tighten the nut, usually a simple fix. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts