Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used the search but couldn't find exactly what i'm looking for... i use fleece liners and i just wanna know whats the best way to wash them... what type of cleaning product are safe... i thought about using baby laundry soap.. but wanna ask for the best and easiest way...

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
I use Tide Free, which has no dye or scent. It seems to work just fine. I also put a tiny amount of Downy softener in, to keep them from being super static-y.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I suggest just try staying away from bleach, my dog did get really sick from Sunlight which made me switch to SA8 (ask for details) now its the only brand I trust for everything including my hedgehogs favorite blanket.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I've used Sunlight for Sensitive skin on the hedgie bedding for years and never had a problem. How did Sunlight laundry soap make your dog sick?

·
Registered
172 Posts
It gave him a very weird rash along his back right leg, eventually almost making it painful to move, the vet said it could be that there was way to much bleach in the laundry detergent. Also he didn't quite look his usual playful self.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just washed my first load of liners ever. I used Tide Free Unscented in the wash. No bleach. I also put a Bounce unscented fabric sheet into the dryer.

Everything came out very clean. No static. In fact I was jealous. I use regular Tide for my laundry. It was so nice not to smell the Tide smell. I might switch for myself. LOL

·
Administrator
3,817 Posts
You can also add a cup of vinegar to the wash to aid in cleaning. One warning though, if you already have soft water don't add the vinegar. Else you will find you will be doing multiple rinses to get all of the suds out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright... well sofar he hasn't made any mess on his liner... he's been sleeping on his liter instead... so i gotta try to coast him into his little house... he's only been here for 2 days now so we'll see how it goes from here... thanks again

·
Registered
581 Posts
i personally stay away from fabric softeners, they tend to inhibit absorbtion. I use a lingerie bag to wash liners and strips in, this helps cut down the static.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.