Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay my pandora has outgrown her wheel [crazy o.o], so im wonder what would be the best wheel for her, i dont care about if it's silent or not, it just needs to work

please reply back as soon as possible

thanks =]

·
Registered
58 Posts
I totally second the Cake Walk Supreme wheel. I bought one for Olive and she loves it (although she refuses to run while I'm watching her - I think she's self-conscious :roll: ). The thing is absolutely silent and all I can hear are her little feets running away. I mounted it to the cage wall and it's awesome. SO easy to clean too - just a swipe with a damp paper towel and it's done.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I too have a CWS, just recently received & back it. It's by far the largest wheel I've seen. Sylvie has a long runners body so the size of the wheel is great for her. The quiet & ease of cleaning is great for me. Win win

·
Registered
65 Posts
I use the GIANT Comfort Wheel. It is the best bang for your buck.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753360

They are $16.99 and really easy to clean, and they come in a variety of colors. I don't own a CWS, but they are suppose to be pretty amazing. If you want to get a wheel now and upgrade later then the Giant sized Comfort Wheel is great!

-Amanda

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
El Sol said:
have you guys heard of "sanko wild -super wheel"??
http://www.chubbypetsgarden.com/webshap ... ctItem=490

I wonder, is it good?? is it noisy?... :)
That's a Silent Spinner and they are not safe. The slits and crack down the center where the two halves are joined risk catching small toes and toenails. Both the nut that screws on the back and the one at the front will unwind causing the wheel to fall. The base of the wheel is not large enough and the wheel extends past the base. This can cause the wheel to tip over when the hedgehog enters or exits.

They are not that silent.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
FiaSpice said:
silvercat, do you remember how much you paid for shipping, I asked reaper but I guess he's buissy catching up.
Sorry nope, but I think in the end, all in, was 50 - 75. I did have to pay something small when I picked it up too.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I just put in my order for a CWS last week, and my shipping was $12.00 USD for a single wheel...not too shabby considering what I'll be getting in the end! ^_^

((Not sure if this will help you calculate shipping, as APO's count as shipping inside the States.))

~Katie

·
Registered
764 Posts
silvercat said:
FiaSpice said:
silvercat, do you remember how much you paid for shipping, I asked reaper but I guess he's buissy catching up.
Sorry nope, but I think in the end, all in, was 50 - 75. I did have to pay something small when I picked it up too.
whoa I know it's a good wheel but shipping (plus duty, what I assume is the extra you paid) isn't really cheap, I kinda new it would be since it's from the states. I think I'm gonna go with the confort wheel, price-wise for now for now!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nancy said:
El Sol said:
have you guys heard of "sanko wild -super wheel"??
http://www.chubbypetsgarden.com/webshap ... ctItem=490

I wonder, is it good?? is it noisy?... :)
That's a Silent Spinner and they are not safe. The slits and crack down the center where the two halves are joined risk catching small toes and toenails. Both the nut that screws on the back and the one at the front will unwind causing the wheel to fall. The base of the wheel is not large enough and the wheel extends past the base. This can cause the wheel to tip over when the hedgehog enters or exits.

They are not that silent.
THANK YOU!!...

I almost buy it...

it's hard to find large wheel here in Malaysia.. :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
I really do like the Giant Comfort Wheels, they are really practical and very colorful! :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Alastrina said:
I just put in my order for a CWS last week, and my shipping was $12.00 USD for a single wheel...not too shabby considering what I'll be getting in the end! ^_^

((Not sure if this will help you calculate shipping, as APO's count as shipping inside the States.))

~Katie
Wow! Have the shipping costs for the CWS wheel gone down???

When I checked it was 25 USD to Canada! It was the only thing that stopped me from ordering at the time...

Glad that it's affordable to get to your neck of the woods :D :D :D

I'll have to inquire again for my area!

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm not sure what the shipping might be for other areas, I actually live in Germany, but we have and APO (Army Post Office?) box that has a US zip code and "counts" as technically being inside the continental US. So all my mail gets routed to New York, and then gets on a plane and comes to Europe. ^_^

Long story short: My price quote was for domestic postage, might be more to other places.

~Katie

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a Flying Saucer for 25 dollars. Its quiet, and super easy to rinse off. The wheel detaches from the base without any tools or fancy clips and is easily rinsed off. It took my little guy a bit to warm up to and finally start using the Flying Saucer, but now he runs on it every night.

I have the Large 12" FS for Julius, who is a smaller hedgehog. A touch smaller than a full grown guinea pig.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Gaaaaah! I just looked at the CWS... If I were to buy something like that, I'd go to Home Depot and the restaurant supply store and build one for 1/4 of the money... But I'm a broke college kid. I had the "Comfort Wheel" and let me tell you, it was LOUD! But it worked. I'm thinking about going the Flying Saucer route with Mika, but now I'm more thinking of building one so I can make it exactly how I want it.

Just my 2c.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts