Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so im making some progress with obtaining Crowley's heating stuff.

after driving all over space and back and going to EVERY pet store and hardware store in town locating what i need and comparing prices, i realized that Amazon is my most reasonable bet. i have Prime so i get free shipping on some items.

i bought her light 'hub' today and will be ordering her CHE bulb and temperature controller tomorrow . i already have her thermometer ordered and waiting for it to get here.

ok, so my main q or issue is that i don't know what wattage CHE bulb to get.

is 60 enough or should i get the 100? her cage is an open top but not much bigger than the 'bin cages' so im not sure how hot the bulb needs to get.

so help please? :shock:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I would get the 100 just in case. If it gets too hot, that's what you have the thermostat for. I've been using a 150, and I have a bin cage as my girl's travel cage, and it works great even with the 150. I'm glad you were able to get everything in time!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would get the 100 just in case. If it gets too hot, that's what you have the thermostat for. I've been using a 150, and I have a bin cage as my girl's travel cage, and it works great even with the 150. I'm glad you were able to get everything in time!
Thanks very much :) I think I'll order the 100 watt than :)

and yeah, i was a little panicked but with amazon Prime i at least know that they will be here by next week(soooo worth the extra money to update my amazon)

also after all the time spent in EVERY PET STORE in town i now know exactly what to get and where for about how much if i absolutely need to before anything gets here.

i also bought a cheap personal space heater for if the heat goes out and it gets too cold. obviously i couldn't leave it unattended or running for too long, but you know- if it comes down to it at least i'd have it on hand.

haaaa, hopefully the quill ball knows how much work i put into her Prickly butt :p

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Do you have a 2x3 C&C? I can't remember. If so, go with 150 watt. Between that and how cold it gets in my house, I need a space heater to keep the CHE's from running all the time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have a 2x3 C&C? I can't remember. If so, go with 150 watt. Between that and how cold it gets in my house, I need a space heater to keep the CHE's from running all the time.
well, right now i have a medium size guinea pig cage (wire top, plastic bottom) and in about two/three days im going to be moving her over to her open top wood cage that i made.

the wood cage is 16x35 inches with 15 inch tall walls.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Have you posted a picture? I remember you talking about it but I don't remember seeing it.

If it's a more open cage, get the bigger watt, if the cage is more enclosed, you should be fine with a 100 watt. :grin:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you posted a picture? I remember you talking about it but I don't remember seeing it.

If it's a more open cage, get the bigger watt, if the cage is more enclosed, you should be fine with a 100 watt. :grin:
Nope. Have not posted pics yet. It's getting dropped off tomorrow. I'll post pics before I paint it than post pics of after its painted=)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts