Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously everyone here owns a hedgehog, but what other pets do you have at home? Also, how many hedgies?

Myself: 1 hedgehog, 1 horse (well, she is outside :D ), cornsnake, and two ferrets.
I have owned ****atiels, lizards, and a chameleon in the past.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i own a dog named lexi and i help take care of my sisters dog misty (we both help with the dogs)
me and my sis own 2 cats vanilla and cuddles
and im getting a hedgie in may from bryan
in the past i owned 2 other dogs, a cat and a hamster

·
Registered
309 Posts
i have 1 hedgie(Sage)
1 kitty(Chihiro)
1 gerbil(David)
And my grandparents whom i live with have four dogs ( Kimmy Mocha Charlie and Scooter)
And my albino mouse (Tilmo) died a few months ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Everyone!

My whole family jokes my condo is practically a zoo!
my family includes:
Meatball the hedgehog
Lumpy, Henry and Gertrude the goldfish
6 Red-Bellied Parana (not with the goldfish, don't fret!)
Oscar the Jackson Chameleon
Fluffy the soft-shelled turtle
Willy and Cash the Kitties

Jane

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Along with 15 hedgehogs, we have 7 cats. Three belong to my eldest daughter, one to my youngest daughter and the other 3 my husbands and mine but basically, they are all ours. :lol: Living here are also 1 chinchilla, 1 bunny, 2 ferrets, Tommy the turtle, a quaker parrot, budgie and numerous frogs.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Most of them except for 4 of the cats and the hedgehogs, belong to my eldest daughter so she takes care of them. The hedgehogs are mine with help from my husband now. This is nothing compared to what we used to have. We've lost 6 ferrets in the past couple of years to old age as well as 3 other chins.

I have the least number hedgehogs now that I've had in 6 years. Usually I had around 25 plus babies with the highest number of adults was 39 and of those 39, 19 were rescues. Having 39 was stressful and very time consuming but the old hedgie room was well laid out and convenient for cage cleanings. I had a couple of play areas for them and I'd put some of the girls out together while I cleaned cages, boys would get out separately. You get a routine going of cage cleanings, baths, nail trims, cuddling etc. Fifteen is my limit now. The new hedgie room won't hold more than 15 and at the moment, that is the limit I can handle. If there was one in desperate need I wouldn't turn it away but I'm now arranging homes for rehomes to go directly to rather than me taking them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a hedgehog (of course), and a 14 year old cat named Comet.

I used to have a miniature pinscher named bandit, but he passed away 9/12/2009. Other then that, I used to have rabbits, frogs, fish, mice, and hamsters.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a zoo as well! Most of the pets in my apartment at the moment aren't mine, but I seem to be the designated pet sitter in my circle of friends! My own pets are Pepper the hedgehog and Kama and Early the cats. But at the moment I also have Dan, Darian, Claire, Pigeon, and Norrie (cats/kittens) and Fitz (rat.) I also just recently lost my two goldfish, Trip and Sabine. I hope to get some dwarf puffers soon... I love my animal family. :)

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I have my hedgehog, Kashi, my cat (whose name I will not disclose here, as my sister named him a name I find very shameful) and my betta fish, Haku :D
We also have another betta (my sister's) named Ichy #2.

We have also had numerous fish, guinea pigs, hamsters, a box turtle, turtles, frogs, two dogs, lovebirds, ducks, chickens, and finches.

Yeah... um, we're animal people >_>

·
Administrator
8,486 Posts
Right now we have, 15 adult hedgehogs, 3 cats, 2 dogs, 1 Macaw, 5 minature donkeys, 1 rabbit, 2 chinchillas, 6 zebra finch, 2 java finch and 3 rosy bourkes, oh and a 60 gallon aquarium with assorted fish.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Man, I'm jealous of all of you that have tons of animals...My family has only a dog (****er spaniel named Tessa) and my own spoiled princess Lily. We had a cat that we lost in March.

If it were up to ME instead of my dad? >.> Our house would resemble an actual zoo! :lol: And I fully intend on having this happen in the future in my own house. :D Snakes, hedgehogs, cats, dogs, horses, chickens, ferrets, bunnies, sugar gliders, birds, and lizards are all on the want list!

·
Registered
902 Posts
LizardGirl said:
Thank you Pixie. ;)

Admin, this thread can be closed or removed.
Or not. hahhahaha

I have four dogs, two hedgies (receiving a third today) a turtle and a fish.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts