Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how the board would answer the following question:
If your hedgehog were to be placed in a pen full of hedgehogs of identical colour pattern, how /what would you do to be able to tell him apart from the rest?

The reason I came up with that question was because soon after I got Ziggy I noticed he had a black birthmark on his butt, right above the tail. That's probably what I'd look for since I haven't heard of any other hedgehogs with that.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hejji has a thick stripe of albino quills on his butt, right down the middle :) Also, his "boy parts" are larger than most, and easily spotted!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Herc has these little "devil-horn" spikes right in front of his visor (which I know a lot of hedgies have), but one is solid white and way longer than the rest of his quills. Plus, I know his little eyes ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I thought you meant personality-wise. In that case, my Cricket would be the one constantly pulling down her visor. :roll:

But physically speaking, she would probably be the only one with greenish-blue quills on her back. When she was with her previous owner, she apparently fell asleep on a blue toy that had gotten wet from her water bottle. It stained some of her quills! :lol: She's lost some of them since then, but she's still got quite a few on her back.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@indygo88 Don't lie! you know you wanted your own real life "Sonic!"

Koosh would be the one that just sits there until everything is super quiet and dark... Also lately, he'd be the one flipping over food dishes :roll:

But I actually know his face pretty well too. There aren't any weird quirks about his quills thugh :|

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hm... I mean I know Sherlock's pinto markings well, but if there happened to be other hedgies with the exact same pinto markings (which would be crazy XD) I think I'd know him by the little ibts of fleece that always get stuck to his quills XD

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well besides Hester's "cheerful" attitude, she's a solid color except a thumb size pinto patch on her left rear area. Loki on the other hand I might have a little trouble finding, he's not a pinto but for some reason I think I might reconize his face, he just always has this look about him.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
indygo88 said:
I thought you meant personality-wise.
Personality's fair game too, but in my hedgehog's case I think he's fairly average. No quirks, not ones that other hedgehogs don't have in some other form.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Riley doesn't have ears. They were chewed off when he was used for breeding. He was my first hedgie so when my next hedgie actually had ears they looked like huge mickey-mouse ears to me.

I don't think I could pick out Whyte or Much from a crowd.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Winston has what I call his "racing stripe". It's a thin stripe of white quills running from the middle of his back down to his butt, and one white spot on either side, just above his back legs. Also, I'd know it was him because he comes and stands on my foot when he wants to go home. :D

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Inky's size, white visor quills, and his face in general would be more than enough to pick him out of a crowd. That and the fact he hates pretty much everyone except for me. :p

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think I could identify Smee from the one really long double banded quill that always seems to be sticking out by his right ear :p

And then he'd get mad when I tried to fix it :lol:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
On Zoey's face, the skin under her mask is a bit raised & colored differently than the rest of her skin.

She also has pinto markings, but I never notice those except in pictures.

Cholla, nothing unusual, but I would still just KNOW him. :p

·
Registered
99 Posts
It would be very easy to find Tonja in a group, other than her being a pinto, all I would need to do is get a bag of popcorn and shake it and she would come running :lol: :lol: or sit down with a plate in my hands, and she would still come running. She is a worse beggar than my dog!!! :lol: E-Che is also a pinto, with the white only being about his bum. but I could find him by his whiskers... the are not strait but crinkled and kind of curly :lol: got to love the little quirks our hedges have.

Megan

·
Registered
199 Posts
I can't tell Prickles apart from other hedgies :? well she does have a couple of butt freckles but then again other hogs have them too.. yeesh I should work on getting to know my hog better :oops:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts