Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
As some of you may know.. we're looking into getting another hedgie baby in the near future but we want to have everything set-up and ready before we do so. With that said, we'd like to purchase a scale to keep up with how our baby is growing, health reasons, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what type of scale, brand, where to purchase and what to look for/not look for? Any insight will be much appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Go for something that can measure in grams and is very precise under 1kg... like the kitchen & postal scales LarryT posted.

The first one is nice because it has the bowl to keep a squirmy one in place ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I will be ordering the first one that Larry posted. I thank you all for your advice and opinions on this topic. Now just have to decide on a breeder... who knew this could be so difficult? :roll:

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I notice the first one doesn't mention what increment it weighs in. Some don't weigh in 1 gram increments so I'd check that before ordering to make sure it does.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Nancy said:
I notice the first one doesn't mention what increment it weighs in. Some don't weigh in 1 gram increments so I'd check that before ordering to make sure it does.
You have to click onto product details

Taylor 4.4 lbs. Digital Kitchen Food Scale:

Simple, easy to use "tare" feature
Weighs ounces or grams
Low battery indicator
Automatically shuts off after 2 minutes
Requires 4 AA batteries (not included)
Model: 3804

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Yep, did that. It doesn't say what gram increment, only that it weighs ounces or grams.

The second one says it Weighs in .1 ounce or 1 gram increments which is what you want.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
It weighs by 1 gram increments.

I've actually even checked how many kibbles makes 1 gram :lol: So that I'd know for sure that it ways by the gram.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys, I ordered it and am having it shipped "site to store" which saves me on shipping costs and our walmart is literally right up the road so thats nice too! It should be here between Thu and next Tues.

·
Registered
902 Posts
LarryT, Thank you so much for the links to different scales available. I finally ordered mine today. (yes I am very late in getting one for my household :oops: ) This forum is just so great for one-stop information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts