Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ran out of my hedgehog diet food which has been working great, but the only place that sells it is quite far from my house. So i was wondering what cat food you use for your hedgehog. Also i see a lot of people saying you need a blend of foods, and i don't think i can buy three kinds of food i just need one that will make my Stewie happy. :) thanks

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
People say to have a mix of 2-3, just because the "complete" nutritional requirements for hedgies are still yet to be perfected. And commercial hedgehog food is worse than feeding cat kibble.

The cat foods off of Reaper's list are all good to feed hedgies. If you read that thread, he also states that he likes Wellness the most. Reaper's List

The brands that people around here tend to use are Wellness, Natural Balance, Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul, Frommes, Blue Spa Select(Blue Buffalo), Solid Gold, etc etc amongst others.

Wellness is also much richer than the other foods, and may cause for a stinkier hedgie.(Only some are like that, my boy has always been fine on it) So with Wellness, it's also usually part of a mix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts