Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
a pile of fleece strips, maybe a little 'sandbox' (make sure the sand is baked) or like, a litter box filled with CareFresh or cat litter.

·
Registered
581 Posts
i would probably stay away from sand too since it could get caught in his "bellybutton"

·
Registered
395 Posts
what vex LOVES to do is if i take fleece strips and shove them in a kleenex box with the plastic and one end removed
he will dig for hours

try filling his igloo up with strips if he has one, or any of his hidey spots.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the crystallized cat litter is still unsafe. As mention about the sand stuff can get stuck in your hedgie's "belly button" if he is male and clumping cat litter can clump around it if he pees in the thing. Even crystallized cat litter is probably more dusty than what is ideal for hedgehogs to be exposed to. You just can never now if it will be completely safe it is just better to stay away from it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've tried the fleece but just about all my hedgie does is sniff, stop for a minute, and leaves a couple of messes for me. It's a pain in the butt with how much they like to poo at times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
azyrios said:
what vex LOVES to do is if i take fleece strips and shove them in a kleenex box with the plastic and one end removed
he will dig for hours

try filling his igloo up with strips if he has one, or any of his hidey spots.
Good idea! I'm going to try this. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts