Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am pretty sure that is a brown snowflake hedgehog... I can tell by the nose and spikes

your hedgehog is very pretty and your lucky to have her because thats a pretty adorable hedghog i must say :D

I know i am only 12 years old and you probually wont take notice of what i say because you think im only 12 and wont know any thing about them... but i do know alot about them :)

But its a brown snowflake because the colour around it's nose is brown colour and the spikes are lighter thats why its called brown snowfake.. heres a site that has a picture of one and look simular to your hedgehog and it says its a brown snowflake too.... here..
http://www.freewebs.com/happyhogs/myherdmystudboy.htm

Hope i helped you! and i sure hope my anwser was correct to! (but im pretty sure it is)

Good luck with your hedgehog hope you and your hoglet has a happy life together! :D

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I would say Algerian Chocolate, but it's best to wait for bryan or reaper to post.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I agree with Lizardgirl - he doesn't have enough pure white quills to be considered a snowflake, so I also believe he is an Algerian Chocolate. A snowflake is not decided by the overall "lightness" of its quills, but rather the percentage of pure white quills that are mixed in. ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
How old is the hedgehog.

The nose appears to be very dark liver, but not black. The nose looks to dark to be a brown, but the masking looks much lighter than the chocolates i have seen pictures of. The masking is extensive so it is an Algerian.

If it is under a year:
I am going to have to guess Algerian Brown because the mask seems to light, and the nose may fade in time.

If it is over a year:
I am going to have to guess Algerian Chocolate with LG. After a year i don't think the nose will fade much, and a chocolate can have a "golden brown" mask that faded with time.

We will have to wait for bryan or reaper for a definite answer.

The hedgehog also looks nothing like the picture you linked hogletlover2009. Snowflake is determined by the % of pure white quills. A snowflake must have between 30 and 70% white quills.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You! He's about 6-7months old.

The quills around his bum area have got a bit whiter since that photo was taken (only a few weeks) but other than that alls the same.

How old do you think he looks then reaper?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Close to a year. Most hedgies will start to "fade" at about a year. His quills still look good but his mask looks like it is starting to fade. Nothing to worry about and it could just be the picture itself. But he is at the age where his colors will change slightly. It is just a sign of a fully mature hedgehog. And it is most apparent in the darker colors first since darker colors are easier to see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.