Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I can't post a picture as I am no good with new technology but what colour of hedgehog have i got?
His name is Rascal and he is beautiful
He has white fur underneath
He is pink underneath with only a few biege spots
His sister is an albeno with pink eyes
His eyes are black
His eyes are black but if you look really hard have a blue outside ring
His eye colour would suggest he is brown
Nose is black or very dark
The skin on his sholders I would say pink going into biege, nothing dark
But his mask starts off pink and goes into brown (not dark)
A few quills are white (not like the browns?)
Most quills are white with 2 tone colour, one dark brown or very dark and the other light brown almost but not quite rusty colour. Two tone brown anyway
Any ideas? I would love to hear from someone who knows more than me

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bryan. He looks a little like the Algerian Chocolate but do they have a blue ring to their eyes? Is he the paler version of the Algerian Chocolate. Because his skin is not dark. Underneath he is pink with only a few pale biege spots, mostly pink. Would he have started from an Algerian Chocolate but the breeder may have breed paler ones to get an albino sister? Is it possible to have a wild range of colours in one type of Hedgehog?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes, an Algerian Chocolate will have a blue sclera, as will Algerian Chocolate, Grey and Dark Grey. If he is Alg Chocolate, you should notice a darker stripe of skin running down the backbone, especially just behind the head.
In almost all (99.999999%) hedgehogs, there is only a very small amount of variation within a specific color form and especially given the quill color description you gave (essentially, chocolate brown with rusty edging) I would have to lean towards Algerian Chocolate :)

Bryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts