Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aren't I a cutie... but what colour am I? Mummy says I definitely have pinto patches, big patches of white- as my daddy was a high white pinto. She says possibly a ruby eyed cinnacot? But I want to know for sure, so if any of you would be kind enough to tell my silly Mummy what colour I am, I would be thankful!! :)

Sorry I wouldnt stand still enough for Mummy to take a picture, but I like to be on the move!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I can't say for sure but I know you are a cutie lol :) You seem to have a lot of white quills so I think snowflake would be in there somewhere :) Kinda look like a Cinnacot to me but Im in no way even close to being an expert lol

·
Registered
902 Posts
Oh those eyes are so amazing!! I haven't seen one of those before. Can't wait to hear what he is.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I am gonna say Algerian Brown Pinto. The eyes, nose and ears are pinto'd. Where did you get him from?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh my goodness! I have no idea the color, but I had to post. You sure are a gorgeous little thing! Your mummy is a VERY lucky lady! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mummy said I had better thank everyone for their comments.. so thankyou very much!

Mummy actually bred me.. and hadnt seen any as cute as me before so she kept me! I am now just over 11 weeks old :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
No he is not rare, but it is always interesting to see how a pinto shows its spots. I have one, the face is pinto'd, pink ears and nose with no mask, but dark eyes. Another one has pink ears and a spot in the center of her nose. I have had pintos, with one pink ear and one dark ear.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hedgiepets said:
No he is not rare, but it is always interesting to see how a pinto shows its spots. I have one, the face is pinto'd, pink ears and nose with no mask, but dark eyes. Another one has pink ears and a spot in the center of her nose. I have had pintos, with one pink ear and one dark ear.
I was loking at your website earlier and saw pudding.....or something like that...... SO BEAUTIFUL!

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
The eyes could be pinto, though personally I doubt it. He has so much pigment around the eyes, it's usually only in "reverse" pintos that you see the eyes with no pigment because all the hedgehog but one or two spots is pinto.

The ears do look pinto, but the nose still looks like it has pigment to me, it looks liver colored.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts