Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just got a new hedgehog and his name is Churro. Can you help me identify my hedgehog’s color? The person I got it from told me he’s a cinnamon hedgie, but I dont see him as one. Im just really curious 😊 Also, follow him on instagram: churrothehegie 🦔 I’ll update his bioand add his color ❤ Thanks ahead 🥰
p

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,169 Posts
I don't think he is cinnamon either if you go on here through a laptop there is a really cool colour chart that should help you, I cant get it up right now though.

Had a look on your insta, and your saying about feeding milk, hedgehogs are lactose intolerant, so they shouldnt really be having much milk, and if you are using it you should only use kitten/cat milk brought in pet shops.

I would also recommend changing the bedding, woodshavings tend to cause respitory issues, and things, so you want to keep a loose bedding you would be better with something like carefresh or kaytee clean and cosy.

Also would recommend cutting slits in the toilet tubes just makes it easier to stop them getting stuck in one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiiiii thank you so much for all the recos and suggestions. I’ll check that color chart out. Appreciate it. And yes, for the milk I use the ones thats safe for him but I only give him around 5ml of it. I also did a research regarding the milk thats safe for hedgies as well before we gave it him ☺ And the beddings were temporary since the shop got sold out of the ones we use. But now its here and we replaced it asap as well. We currently use this, low dust paper cotton. ☺

i’ll do your suggestion to cut slits on the toilet tube. Thank youuuuu again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think he is cinnamon either if you go on here through a laptop there is a really cool colour chart that should help you, I cant get it up right now though.

Had a look on your insta, and your saying about feeding milk, hedgehogs are lactose intolerant, so they shouldnt really be having much milk, and if you are using it you should only use kitten/cat milk brought in pet shops.

I would also recommend changing the bedding, woodshavings tend to cause respitory issues, and things, so you want to keep a loose bedding you would be better with something like carefresh or kaytee clean and cosy.

Also would recommend cutting slits in the toilet tubes just makes it easier to stop them getting stuck in one.

Hiiiii thank you so much for all the recos and suggestions. I’ll check that color chart out. Appreciate it. And yes, for the milk I use the ones thats safe for him but I only give him around 5ml of it. I also did a research regarding the milk thats safe for hedgies as well before we gave it him ☺ And the beddings were temporary since the shop got sold out of the ones we use. But now its here and we replaced it asap as well. We currently use this, low dust paper cotton. ☺

i’ll do your suggestion to cut slits on the toilet tube. Thank youuuuu again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts