Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is somewhat confusing to ID his color.

Right now, the two colors that are the biggest possibilities are platinum and silver charcoal white.

Video link:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have no idea, but I wanted to comment on your wheel. It's very interesting, did you make it yourself? Are those cross-stitch loops? A very interesting DIY wheel that doesn't use the bucket or cake topper.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I did not make it myself. But it does seem like an easy build, although the mesh worries me. But the breeder has been using them for all her hedgies, and that is what my baby was used to, so I decided that it ould be best.

Yes, they are cross stitch wheels, and they do seem fairly easy to make with the right tools and materials.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The wheel worries me, not only because of the mesh, but because of the crossbars and the middle bar. It's just an overall unsafe wheel, you'd be better off getting a solid bottomed, safer one.

Very cute hedgie!

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
How old is he? I can't tell if he is pinto or not anywhere, but he is definitely very snowflaked, or white. A few good clear pictures of his face and back would be very helpful. Without the pics I would guess white bellied dark grey white.

The wheel is one of Vern's Chumba Spool wheels. He claims to not have had a problem with them yet, and same with many of his customers, but some are still concerned with the mesh. The crossbars, yes, are a problem, and he (Vern, the maker) does not recommend using them with hedgies that jump on and off frequently. I guess it's another one of those take the risk if you want it wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts