Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have another post on Diet and Nutrition, and got some great advice. My new problem is, I don't know what/where to look. I've decided to switch Dusty to cat food. He is currently on Spike's Delight, which I now know is a big nono. :? It'd help me to know what other hedgehog owners have and what brand works for them. It'd also help to know a bit about the brand, too. :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Hedgehogsrule99

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
It depends on what pet stores you have near you. Some pet store chains carry some brands, but not others. Even some stores within those chains will carry different foods than what's on the site, depending on whether they have room or not. So it'll depend on what you can find nearby you.

Other than that, some of the popular brands used on here are Innova, Chicken Soup, Natural Balance, Solid Gold, and Blue Buffalo (might be missing a few too). Lily's favorite kibble is Solid Gold Katz'n'Flocken, which is an x-shape. I'm also using Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck (she doesn't like it that much, I'm considering taking it out of her mix), which is a round disc shape; Blue Buffalo Weight Control, a cylinder shape; and Wellness Healthy Weight, also a cylinder shape. She'll eat a couple of both of those kibbles once the Solid Gold is all gone. Wellness is an iffy brand though; it has very good ingredients, but it's proven to be too rich for a lot of hedgies and causes diarrhea.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I use cat food but when i purcased my hedgehog from ohio, I bought the food that they offered me that they feed to their hedgehog, I found out that both of these kibbles together can make a healthy diet! The hedgehog food is very good if you want you hedgehog to gain more wait, and the cat food i give my hedgehog has veggies and fruits and meat, the hedgehog food has only meats. I gave some of the hedgehog food to my almost underwieght hedgehog and he gained weigh in a reasonal pace. If you want to know the hedgehog bran I use and the food i got from the breeder, let me know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys! :!: I'm glad I could get a little input on this subject. Near us there is a Reinneman 's, Petco, Petsmart, TSC, and places like Walmart. I have seem some of the brands you mentioned, lilysmommy, and thanks for telling me they're good for hedgies! :p

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts