Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,081 Posts
I would second nikki's comment about the protein content. I would feed some Innova EVO if it didn't have such high protein. That amount is very hard on the kidney, and can cause renal failure.

· Registered
5,081 Posts
I am still confused- most people I have talked to said that a no-filler diet is best for hedgehogs, however, if you have no fillers, you are going to have higher protein and fat levels because that is what meat it.

Are you of the group that recommends filler food? Or I should ask, what types of food do you feed in your mix?
I do not recommend feeding foods with high amounts of fillers. I also do not recommend feeding foods extremely high in protein to animals whose bodies can't handle it. 50% is too much for a hedgehog.

I feed a high-quality cat food mix of Wellness Indoor Health, Spa Select Mature, Chicken Soup Light, and more. I try to feed my hedgie the best I possibly can, without using foods that could potentially harm him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.