Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep seeing people writing about using C&C cages; what are they? are they expensive? can someone explain to me anything about C&C cages please; because i think my cage has ended up to be way to small, i still need to get a wheel and i have no idea how i'm going to fit it in there. thank you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
C & C Cage is short for cube and coroplast. The walls of the cage are a cube griding. They are bought as a set normally for shelving from walmart, target, etc. The bottom is coroplast which is cut in such a way that will have the bottom and then sides to go up the walls a bit to avoid escapes. we are in the process of making one and personally I am really excited. It only costs about $50 (depending on size) and if you decide to change the size or shape they just snap apart and back together for the walls so it's not a total waste if you want to expand to something larger. If you Google search it you can see pictures and how to build instructions. www.cavycages.com even has a search for materials and has been helpful for me. hopefully this has helped!

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
One thing to consider with a C&C is depending on size, they can be difficult to heat because they are so open. If you have other pets or have a climber, you will need to have a lid on it. They are not good for babies or small hedgehogs as they can get through the openings.

Take a look at Heather's cage. http://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=554#p13466 It is made using Midwest Exercise pen panels and it is climb proof as well as escape proof.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts