Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi HHC...It's been a long time! (Maybe that's a good thing- no problems!) Over the passed few days I have noticed some strange things from Munchkin that were questionable. Since it has been getting a little colder, her CHE has been running more often and her cage temp is 2 degrees higher than normal. I noticed when I put her in her cage at night that she is splatting against the plastic so I figured that the temp needs turned down. But then, she goes to lay on her heating pad.... weird?? Like shes too hot, but then cold?? So this morning when I took her out to check on her, she has pooped EVERYWHERE and some of it was mushy and green. I know that something is wrong- she is eating and drinking. I made sure that she drank some extra this morning in case she is dehydrated. I turned the temp down 2 degrees to see if this makes a difference. She is about 4 years old now... her lighting and temperature are consistent. I have her on a strict schedule too. Any thoughts? Do you think it was just too hot? I am monitoring her. I am also scared to turn the temp down too much because of hibernation which she has tried before. Although now she has a heating pad and uses it. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
If the poop-problem wasn't a one-night thing, I'd take samples of it & her to the vet to rule out intestinal infection.

And: welcome back, although sucks to be under "Ack! What's wrong?!" circumstances. I'm a new hedgehog-owner with less than a year's experience, and don't have any direct experience with health issues, so my advice/thought is based entirely on archive-reading. Blah blah blah disclaimer blah.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts