Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to share something really strange with you. :p. My hedgehog Chocolate has the strangest habit of eating my hair every chance he gets. He chews like crazy and when I try to pull him off he won't budge. I swear he is the weirdest little thing. :p. What do your hedgies do?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Well my girl lovessssss chewing on paper. When I first got her I tried using care fresh and paper towels in her litter box she wouldn't stop chewing on it (now she's on yesterdays news). She also try's to chew the toilet paper rolls, :roll: my silly hog.

·
Registered
624 Posts
When we're on the couch and he starts waking up, Norman will often decide that he'd rather splat out on the couch than be covered up. When he splats out, he always shoves his snout either right under my arm (or arm pit if I'm laying down) or not quite touching me but no more than 1 - 2 cm away so I'm within easy sniffing distance. If I move or if he finds that he splatted too far away, he immediately crawls to fix the problem and meet those conditions again (it looks really weird since he stays splatted the whole time). :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
My Nara likes to chew and pull on elastic, like the ponytail holder in my hair and the elastic band that holds my hubby's kindle cover.
She likes to pull on it and let it snap back.

Silly girl. Maybe it's like hedge dental floss?

ML :lol:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
MomLady said:
My Nara likes to chew and pull on elastic, like the ponytail holder in my hair and the elastic band that holds my hubby's kindle cover.
She likes to pull on it and let it snap back.

Silly girl. Maybe it's like hedge dental floss?

ML :lol:
The kindle thing sounds ADORABLE! Like I can see the surprised look when it snaps back and maybe a little huff then continuing to do it.
Awwww I can't stop smiling.
Please tell me thats what happens <3 Haha

·
Registered
270 Posts
all of my hedgehogs have loved rooting around in and licking me and mitch's hair...especially when it needs washed.

make sure you do not use a shampoo with tea tree oil, or anything harmful to your hog! i buy shampoos with safe ingredients because i know they will end up playing in my hair almost nightly.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Delia's obsessed with my dog, and he gets so annoyed by her. She'll follow him around and whenever she gets close he'll get up and walk away. When he finally gives up, she falls asleep snuggled up to his fur. I wish I had a picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts