Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up early and heard Oona making a really weird sound, followed by licking a lot. I lift up the hiding spot and it seems she's discharged some sort of translucent fluid with white in it. She promptly walks over a little and discharges it a couple more times; I couldn't immediately figure out if it was from her stomach or nose but the discharge doesn't look like stomach contents.

I'll be looking at immediate medical attention. In the meantime, I'm very curious about what it could be, because whatever it is this is the first sign I've seen of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Correction: Did find stomach contents, but scattered about a fair deal thanks to the wheel it must have happened on, found while cleaning. So, vomiting. I initially doubted it because of the fecal matter, of which there is no shortage, but that simply indicates this is Day 1 of whatever the heck is happening.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The location of the original vomit (judging by how it had something discernable in it) near/on the wheel makes that oddly plausible. I was panicked and inclined to call a vet when I thought it might be respiratory, but having discovered it is not, and knowing she's tremendously motion sick in cars, I'm inclined to remove the wheel and see if she's still seeming ill when she wakes up.

I've also considered that her nearly-finished dry food may have somehow turned or gone stale. Fresh food is on the way.

On the bright side, her old quill loss problem seems to be over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts