Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy to report that I have transitioned my two hedgehogs to fleece liners. I also put fleece scraps in their igloos. I am sure that they are warmer. :D

I put in two layers of fleece. When I woke up the next morning I cleaned their wheels in the shower. I was able to pick up poopie crumbs off the fleece liner and flip it over for a second day. I changed the scraps in the igloos too. I will swap out all fleece tonight. I think this will work for us.

If I had not come to HHC I would never ever know about using fleece. I plan to give away my Carefresh to another hegie owner in my town who prefers it.

Thank you all. Now we are going to move on to heating and cage expansion. :)

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
That's great that the fleece is working out for you! I was in the same boat, I didn't know about using fleece for bedding until I found this forum. I'd been using kiln-dried pine pellets from the breeder, which worked well, but I think Lily might've also gotten mites from them. I'm so glad I switched to fleece. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, tonight was the second night so I removed the fleece and replaced all of it. Wow, what a difference. Besides wanting my hedgies to be nice and warm etc. the whole process was much easier and more sanitary for all of us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.