Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all! I'm new to the forum and also a new hedgehog owner. I've had my little Ivan for about two weeks now he's settled into his new home beautifully. I adopted Ivan so he is about a year and a half old.

I recently moved into a new apartment and there are a few kinks that still need to be ironed out. A frequent problem that I run in to here is the water quality. I figure that if I wouldn't drink the water, I shouldn't make Ivan drink it either. So I'm wondering what my options are. I have been considering investing in a Brita filter or another similar water filter but I'm not sure if these filters use chemicals that could be harmful to a hedgehog.

Basically I'm just wondering wondering what an owner is to do when the water quality in the area is poor.

Thank you all in advance for the advice... I've been lurking for about a week or so and I've found so much good advice here! I thank you and Ivan thanks you.

[attachment=0:jlcwwvhq]6329_537491820479_55804938_31911875_5292042_n.jpg[/attachment:jlcwwvhq]

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
I use a Pur water pitcher... Brita's rival, I guess. It has activated charcoal in the filter. It's been really nice to have because when hedgie needs to go to her hedgiesitters', the filter goes with her.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow you guys are fast. Thank you so much for such a prompt response. I had seen the previous threads on water filtering and my gut feeling was to filter. I was telling a friend of mine that I had to buy a filter and she told me that Brita filters weren't pet safe. Thank you for dispelling this rumor for me. It didn't seem logical but I figured I'd check anyhow.

Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts