Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have had my Hedgehog Itty Bitty for about five months now, and other than my own paranoia and meltdowns (I have high functioning autism) Everything has been going smoothly. Except his water bowl. Ever since his first night with me, he gets his bedding in the water bowl (and/or his food bowl sometimes) every night. After the first few nights, i had my father made an elevated bowl holder to try to stop it, but nothing works. Any and all advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I'm happy to say that I'm switching to fleece. If you don't mind, where would you recommend i get the fleece from?
Hi! You can get fleece fabric or fleece blankets from thrift stores, retail stores (just make sure it's only fleece and not a cotton mix, fleece just works better), or fabric stores. I've gotten multiple huge fleece blankets at a thrift store for $5-$10 and still haven't used all of them!
I'd recommend sewing in a middle absorbent layer (towel or thicker blanket, not fleece) and a bottom water proof layer (the middle part of a protective mattress sheet) that's what I did for my fleece liners as I didn't think just fleece by itself would be absorbent enough. They work great and have held up super well both to my hedgie and to the washing machine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts