Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
What about for baby hedgehogs?
We bought a hedgehog and she had babies 5 days after we got her. One of her babies survived and it is exactly 3 weeks old today. We are a bit worried about having a water bowl in the cage because we heard that babies can drown in them....does anyone know what the best thing to do it? Our mother hedgehog doesn't drink from the water bottle that i put in there just in case. (she actually doesn't seem to drink much at all!)
Please give me advice as quickly as possible because it seems that the baby is going to come out of the nest any minute now! We see her/him walking around inside the nest area and its eyes opened up yesterday.

Any advice please?!
Sandra and Jessica

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do all hedgehogs drink a lot? Ours doesn't seem to drink much at all. It is hard to tell how much water is gone from the bowl, but it isn't much. I have been trying to give her food that has a higher water content---not just dry kibble--so that she at least gets SOME water. Also, could it be related to having a baby? She was drinking noticeably more before she gave birth. She poos fairly normally and they are not too soft and not too hard, so it makes me think that she is eating and drinking enough.
Any comments?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.