Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am new to this, however, my hog came to me being water bottle fed. I changed over to a bowl (actually glass) two nights ago. When patient, she would use her nose to prop the ball at the end of the water bottle to get water. However, I noticed when really thirsty, she would bite aggressively at the end, trying to paw the metal end. Because of this, I switched. I was concerned about damage to her teeth. So far, no mess...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I now have been using the bowl surrounded by shavings with no problem. I have a wide mouth short glass with lines in it --to keep track of water intake. Since it is a bit higher to reach, I have steps around the glass (4 tea lights). Bas steps up and drinks from here, and shavings don't get in water, although I did find a TP roll one morning :lol: . When exploring outside of the cage, I have a low bowl which she uses as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
ewhhhh--sorry about the little one. I wonder about the behaviour of pooping in the water bowl some hedgehogs do. Perhaps once the hedgehog is in the water bowl, since it is like the bathing environment, there is a release. Just a thought...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.