Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
My hedgie came from the breeder on a water bottle, but I switched him to a bowl after he'd stand there for 5 minutes at a time lapping at the bottle trying to drink. He just wasn't getting enough from it, and he really seems to prefer the bowl (I left the bottle in the cage also so he could choose and he always goes to the bowl instead of the bottle). I use liners in the cage so I don't have to worry about bedding getting into it. The worst he gets in the water would be a few chunks of kibble. I've never had him turn the bowl over, but the bottom of the bowl is pretty flat and low to the ground so he can't really get under it.
I've heard rumors of the tongues getting caught, and teeth getting chipped, but not firsthand. Some people will use bottles because of bedding if they use wooden bedding, but bowls seem to be the preferred choice of hedgies so most people stick with those.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.