Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
8,954 Posts
Almost all vets will say that hedgehogs need hedgehog food and I've heard of one clinic that won't even continue to treat hedgehogs that are not being fed hedgehog food. :shock:

You can try giving her veggies in the evening to fill up on a bit. Then she will eat less kibble. How many kibble does she eat per day?

Try and get her exercising. Rearrange her cage each night so she has to walk to find things. You can give her a little bit of kibble in her dish and set kibbles here and there throughout the cage.

You want her to loose weight slowly so proceed slowly with any changes. :)

· Premium Member
8,954 Posts
Unless she is a very small framed hedgehog, it's difficult to believe she is overweight. 367-382g is on the smaller side of average. 15-25 kibble is certainly not an excessive amount.

Do you have pictures of her?

Have fun with the crickets. They will get loose and you will hear them chirping all night and possibly be visited by one. One time I woke out of a sound sleep to something crawling on me. I am deathly afraid of spiders and was just about to scream when it dawned on me it was possibly a cricket. It was. :lol: Wayward crickets are great fun for cats.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.