Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hedgehog has very tiny pinkish bugs on him that make clumps near the quills. His skin is very dry. The bugs seem to be new because they're only on one area of his back, they haven't spread much. What are they? How do I treat them? What are they coming from?

I can post pictures if you need them.

-Natasha

·
Registered
754 Posts
That sounds like mites. He needs to be treated. Most of us, use revolution. He would only need a tiny drop or 2 depending on his size.

He could have gotten them from shavings if you use them. Please post more info. His age, how long you have had him, how much he weighs and how is housed? Other hedgies?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He was born April 6, 2008. I got him about 8 weeks later. I don't have any other hedgehogs. From what I've collected I think they're mites. I think they came from the past breeder or the shavings I use. I'm going to get him to a vet within the next week or so. When we called she said she wouldn't give us Revolution with out getting a skin scraping test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.