Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
I would head to the vet to see if she possibly got a URI during her hibernation attempt, or if she has something else going on. If she's not eating on her own, it'd be a good idea to gather what you need for syringe-feeding. Hedgehogs should not go more than a day or two without eating or with not eating much, or they go downhill even more quickly. Here's our sticky on syringe-feeding for more info - http://www.hedgehogcentral.com/foru...yringing-tutorial-syringe-feeding-sticky.html Feel free to ask if you have any more questions or trouble with it. If you can, try syringing her some food tonight, and continue to syringe-feed her until you can get her to the vet.

Do you have a thermostat for her heat lamp, to control it? Or did you just have the lamp turned off for some other reason? If you don't have a thermostat, I'd recommend getting one ASAP. It'll turn the lamp on & off as needed to keep a steady temperature so you won't have to worry about it. :)

Good luck and let us know how Venera is doing. I hope you can get her to the vet soon & find out what's going on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts