Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a while ago my hedgehog playing with his tubes he would fall over. I thought it was just because of the paper towel tubes because thats the only time i saw him fall. I clippee mclovins nsils and one day cut one too short. Lately i have seen him fall or stumble a few times. This past weekend i noticed it looked like he favors or scoots the foot i trimmed the nail on. I cut his nails too short about a week or two ago. Today i noticed he has fallen over more often when he is just walking. He also did not use his wheel in the past 48 hours. I am very worried. He is not even 2 years old yet. I will be making an appt with a vet this week. **the foot he favors or drags sometimes is a hind leg thatbis why i am really thinking whs).
Could it be whs or him just favoring the one foot for a while? His temp is fine. Its in the upper 70's.
I will not rely on this thread but my mind is racing and im terrified and unsure what to do besides worry and a vet visit.

What if it is whs? What then? :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another idea i have is maybe he broke his leg or has a slipped disk oe something
When i pick him up he puts pressure on that one leg but you van tell he doesnt put as much. It doesnt seem like he is in pain so i am just not sure

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
We can't say much about it from behind our computers, I hope the vet can help him and it'll turn out to be something treatable. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was meaning ASAP when I said this week, sorry. The vet didn't have anything open until friday but called me and they had someone cancel an appointment, thank goodness, he has an appointment tomorrow am. I am so worried. I really hope it is something treatable. I have been worried all day, I am sure every hedgehog owner would be in a situation like this. I am so thankful the vets did keep me in my mind and called me back to move it to tomorrow. thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update!!!!! : Mclovin got to the vet today. He was given some liquid advil :) they did not do an xray because they do not want to put him through all of this over a simple sprain. They truely did not believe it was more than a sprain or a twist of the leg. So all good signs :) he was even walking today. He had a limp but he was putting pressure on the foot. :) if this medicine doesnt work then we will go back to the vet and get xrays and blood work done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts