Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
There are some commercial cat foods that use legumes and vegetables as a primary protein source. I believe that they are vegetarian friendly, and possibly vegan friendly.

This one appears to have the necessary nutritional values of about 30% protein and no more than 15% fat (although runners/exercise fanatic hedgies might need to eat 17-18%).
http://store.nexternal.com/shared/S...nt2=51078438&ProductID=51&Target=products.asp

I'm not a vet or an expert but I think that a vegan cat food with the right nutritional values would be fine as long as you include insects as a daily staple instead of an occasional treat. Since hedgehogs are omnivores/insectivores I think they'd be fine. But as I said, I'm not an expert.

I personally don't agree with feeding a vegan/vegetarian to obligate carnivores like ferrets, cats, and dogs. IMO they need their protein to come from an animal source.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.