Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, On Tuesday i'll be going on my first vacation since I got Wilbur. wilbur will be visiting with my aunt who had accepted responsibilty to take care of him while i'm away.

Other then the daily require ments (poopy boots, food, water, cleaning) and vet info, is there anything else i should inform her? I am planning to make a sheet for her with information that way she can reference it when needed. The only thing wilbur is going to be without for a whole week is mealworms because my aunt hates worms.

I'm planning on giving her a huge container of food although i don't think she'll use the whole thing just to be safe. :).

Anything else?
Wilbur has taken a bath in preparation for his vacation (and after his trip outside).

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
You may already have these things on your list but these are some things I thought of: I'd make sure your aunt knows the temperature they have to be kept at, their lighting needs and also I'd make sure to remember his wheel and that if he's using a different cage while away that it double checked to make sure its escape proof.

You probably already have these things on there but wanted to put it out there just in case :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
When my friends looked after Quigley I gave them all the basic care info as well as some behavioural norms for hedgehogs (annointing, hissing and popping, splatting etc), and wrote down Quigley's usual schedule for when he is at home, and how much of each type of food he eats (even though the proper sized measuring spoons are in each container so he just gets one scoop of each).

·
Registered
372 Posts
Your caregiver needs a signed Veterinary Permission Form in order to seek medical treatment for an animal that is not her own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts