Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed some crystalized pee on Petunia's wheel this morning. Crud, I just took her to vet a few days ago. I've combed the forums and didn't find very much information on this topic. Is it serious enough to warrant another vet visit? I didn't notice any blood.

I'm currently switching her off of Purina One Kitten Chow to NB Green Pea and Duck. She gobbles them down equally, and goodness she eats a lot. Last night she ate 110 pieces of kibble. Should I also try adding in a specific kind of cat food for urinary problems?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I'd wait on some more experienced opinions but I may have seen what you are talking about before. What happened in my case is that Sandra peed on the wheel a lot, got off and went to bed. Throughout the night all the moisture evaporated away and left an area that looked very crystallized and shiny. This may not be the case with Petunia but wanted to share in case it helps :) Hoping for the best :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hedgieonboard said:
I'd wait on some more experienced opinions but I may have seen what you are talking about before. What happened in my case is that Sandra peed on the wheel a lot, got off and went to bed. Throughout the night all the moisture evaporated away and left an area that looked very crystallized and shiny. This may not be the case with Petunia but wanted to share in case it helps :) Hoping for the best :)
Aah, that's probably what it is. Thanks for the input! I have a tendency to overreact a bit when it comes to my little hedgie :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts