Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you remember, Pixel is a baby boy who was rescued by Deneen several weeks ago. (story here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2527&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10 ) For a while, Deneen was handfeeding him, trying to get him to nurse from a foster mom, giving Bene-Bac, whatever she could to get his weight up. Around that time he finally got comfortable enough for her to decide that "she" was definitely a "he". So Pixel he became, and he was put on antibiotics after he was diagnosed with coccidia. Since then, his weight has been skyrocketing. :lol:

On June 9th Deneen brought him up to me so I could watch him and give him lots of love and attention. He was on BabyCat, and I slowly started mixing in other kitten foods. He got bigger and bigger and started quilling just a week ago. Even though it takes him a bit longer to wake up (he's pretty huffy about his skin) he's just as friendly as before.

To give an idea of how quickly his weight went up, he was 64 grams on 5-25 when Deneen first picked him up. He was 119 on 6-9 when he got here, and today he's 202. He has a soft warm belly, hehe. :lol:

Anyway, there's the happy story, I'm sure you all are wanting pics. ;)

5-25:

6-9:

Up until today:

Aaaanndddd... here's a video of him eating and chugging water while I was cleaning his cage today. :lol:

There you are. Thought you might enjoy a happy little story. :)

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
I'm SO glad he's doing better! It must be a great feeling to watch him do so well and put on so much weight. He's an adorable little guy too! :D

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aww, thanks everyone.

I'm not keeping Pixel, as much as I love him. I think it'd be better to have Inky be my one and only, and be able to foster hedgies like Pixel when they need it. He'll be staying until Deneen finds him a good home. :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
What an absolute cutie! :D I don't think I could give him up if I were you, but I hope he finds a wonderful home with lots of loving, he definitely deserves it after what he's been through. :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Just so everyone knows, I am giving up Pixel (formally known as Dot) because he was originally purchased as a female. I was unable to verify the sex when she was picked up due to the fact, she was balled up, cold and lethargic, from an unexperienced breeder. I am over flowing with males and just don't think I can keep him also.

·
Registered
594 Posts
He is so adorable! and tiny.
I wish I could have him. :(
And of course Inky is adorable too!! :)

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another little update, Deneen is keeping Pixel! You have no idea how happy I was to hear that, I'll be able to visit him whenever I like. :D

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A few more pics from today, I couldn't resist. He has such a sweet little baby belly. :lol:

Look how much he grew from the pictures on the first day! It's hard to tell, but he does have a nice plump little belly. He was 224 today.

·
Registered
508 Posts
*passes out from to much cuteness*
i must stop look at such adorable pictures or im gunna get seriouse brain damage... :D
YAY for Deneen! hehe

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He's just over 12 weeks.

He started his 8 week quilling about 3 weeks late, so I haven't gotten a confirmation on what color he is, though I'm guessing he'll snowflake (growing in a lot of white quills it seems) into an Algerian Chocolate Snowflake. I'm no expert though. :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.